The web has a large amount of digital data and it is increasing at an even faster pace. But what needs to be kept in mind for your digital marketing needs, is that data is not just about social media, emails and YouTube videos. For your business to be successful, you don’t need to just create data but also need to focus on how to use that data to improve your brand’s marketing strategies. Given below are a few disciplined approaches to Google analytics, which marketers use to make full use of their data-
- The Proactive Approach– Proactive approach requires the marketer to question the brand and the market to come up with better ideas. Some of the questions that you can ask are –
What content resonates most with my brand?
All your content is not the same and will not bring an equal amount of traffic. You need to identify which pages get you the best result and which lag far behind in the same. Identifying your highest and lowest grossers will help you in having a fair about where you need to put in the most efforts.
- Under performing Platforms– Different people use different search engines according to their needs. Google Chrome may be topping the charts but users favouring Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are no less. Your marketing strategy should cover all of it. Use Google Analytics to make sure that you fulfill the needs of all. Do not focus only on chrome. What if a large part of your customers are using Internet Explorer and your site does not load properly in the platform? That could land you in a bad space. Keep in mind that no platform is under-performing, all of them can be used to help your brand achieve success.
- Terms that bring Traffic– Keywords rule the digital world. They are the ones that bring traffic and marketers need to put in a great effort into keywords management. Don’t just go with any keyword. Do some research and find out on what searches your website comes up, on the search result pages and what people are looking for on the web. You need to know what is popular on the web and create content accordingly.
- Landing Pages– Landing pages are the first impressions of your website. They are the gateway to your webpage. A good landing page creates a lasting first impression. Make sure that the landing page is such that it converts visitors into leads. One way to do this would be to find your best landing page and optimize them for better.
- Visitor Engagement with the Pages– It would be wonderful if you could know exactly how the visitors interact with the pages, wouldn’t it be? Now it is possible with tools like Crazy Egg. Apart from this, you can also get a lot of data using Google Analytics. The data that you get from these websites can help you in providing the audience a great user experience and achieve conversions.
- Reactive Approach– Asking questions and then deciding your plan of action is a good way to deal with your marketing strategies, but you also need to work on the data that you already have. Once you register on Google analytics, you a provided with a bunch of data about your website. Study that information and come up with the best solutions regarding it.
- Event Tracking– Event tracking helps you in gathering information about how users behave on your site. It allows you to monitor details like a user rating your site, watching a video, leaving a comment, etc. All these details would go unnoticed without the help of event tracking. Observing all this will help you in having an idea about what kind of content your website needs.
- Channels- The main motive of any website is to result in conversions, but there will be no conversions if there is no traffic. To get traffic, you need to manage your channels and keenly observe which channels bring the most traffic. Find out about the under performing channels and work on improving them.
- Exit Pages– It is important to know how users enter your website, but how exit pages have an equally important part to play in your brand’s success. Check from what pages most of the users exit. You never know may be there is something that is shooing them away. If there is something as such, you need to make sure it is taken care of.
- Funnel Visualization– Funnel visualization allows you to know how many visitors completed all the pages on your web page. Use Google Analytics to check if your website funnel is leaking or failing anywhere. If it is true, you need to fix it.
Google Analytics is a great tool to manage your data, but for that you need to approach it with multiple strategies and options. Make use of the above mentioned information and you are set to go.